God Has Blessed Us With His Salvation.

81:1-16
God calls us to worship Him with joy - ‘Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob!’(1). He has blessed us with His salvation - ‘I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt’. He will continue to bless us, as we keep on looking to Him for blessing - ‘Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it’(10). God wants to bless us. He wants us to seek His blessing - ‘O that my people would listen to me, that Israel would walk in My ways!... I would feed you with the finest of wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you’(13,16). Far too often, we can’t be bothered with God and are not really interested in seeking His blessing - ‘My people did not listen to My voice; Israel would have none of me’(11). ‘You will seek Me and find Me; when you seek Me with all your heart’(Jeremiah 29:13).

82:1-83:18
‘The Lord’ s ‘the Most High’(18). Through faith in Jesus Christ, we become ‘sons of the Most High’: ‘You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus’(82:6; Galatians 3:26). Through the great love of God, we have received the great privilege of becoming ‘sons of the Most High’. With this great privilege comes the great responsibility of sharing His love with others: ‘Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the desolate. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked’(82:3-4). Let us rejoice in our great privilege. Let us be faithful to our great responsibility. This is the way of enjoying God’s great blessing: ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God’. This is the way of ‘giving glory to our Father in heaven’(Matthew 5:9,16).
_________________
Blessings in Christ
Christ in all the Scriptures
http://christinallthescriptures.blogspot.com

No comments: