Take Your Problems To The Lord.

Psalm 3:1-6
This Psalm begins with the human situation - ‘O Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me! Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him”’' (1-2).
It ends with the divine provision - ‘From the Lord comes deliverance’ (8).
How does the Psalmist rise above his deeply distressing circumstances? He takes his problem to the Lord.
The Psalm’s opening words, ‘O Lord’, indicate the way toward its triumphant conclusion.
Why is the Psalmist not overwhelmed by depression? - He is looking to the Lord.
This is not a case of ‘positive thinking’ on the part of David. This is deliverance from the Lord. There is no simple ‘psychological’ explanation for David’s change of mood. He is delivered by the Lord. He is raised from his depressive mood by the Lord, ‘my Glorious One, who lifts up my head’ ( 3).
What He’s done for others, He can do for you!

No comments: